Friday 21 February 2014

END OF ANOTHER WEEK ..... my weekly challenge and "Knit a Block a Week"
 
Another week has flown by but at least we have seen a little sun for the first time in a long time, even if it was mixed with more rain and wind.
 
I set myself a challenge this week of "Using up some started balls" and thought I would share with you what was achieved, not a lot I might hasten to add.
 
Moving from left to right is:- a pair of adult  waffle stitch fingerless gloves , a 6" square, baby hat, bootees and mittens and two cannula mitts (mitts that are placed over a special care baby's hand who sadly have the need for a cannula).
 
Its not much but has finished off two balls of ball and nearly finished off a third.
 
 
 
 
KNIT A BLOCK A WEEK
 
This weeks block was:-
 
No 5 - Mini Stripes
Using two colours, a block with a "one needle" rating (easy). A basic square of knit and purl (stocking stitch) alternating between two colours. 
This is the first time I have used two yarns by carrying them up the side of the work and I do have to say it wasn't as bad as I thought, having always shyed away from doing this type of striping.  Another new encounter for me!

 
Next weeks challenge
 
I'm setting myself the challenge of using chunky or aran yarn next week. Again I'm thinking warm child's hats, maybe my favourite neck warmer pattern or an adult hat, which will be part of my yearly donation to our local homeless shelter.
 
Off to set myself up with patterns and yarn, always looking for new patterns too so see what I can find
 
See you all soon
Jxxx


2 comments:

  1. I agree about the colour knitting. I also knitted a block using the "carry the spare yarn up the side" method and found it easier than expected.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great works .. What a lovely selection of goodies x

    ReplyDelete