Sunday 10 February 2013

SUNDAY STASH BUST WEIGH IN
I realised going in to post my Sunday Weigh in that I had not posted last weeks so here is last weeks total = 210g 
I just cant believe its Sunday "again" - the weeks fly by.
Have had my usual Sunday weigh in and managed....
only 105g
Its going slowly ...
Only problem is I have a huge confession, originally when I weighed my stash I weighed just my Double Knit, I think it was about 8700g.  Its been nagging me that I had put the scales on carpet etc and it was not quite right. So at the beginning of the week I had all my stash out, Double Knit, Chunky, my "odds and ends" bags, scarf yarn etc and weighed it all and it came to.........................
15,090g eeeekkkkk (this includes the 505g that I had already busted at that point)
I was right to think that I had not weighed the DK correctly - whoops x
 
So as at today my totals stand at:-
15090 - 820g = 14,270g
And thats me being completely honest!
 
Here's what I have been able to complete last week..

This consists of 2x baby hats, 1x baby blanket, 1x adult hat and 1x top down cardigan (which Im loving at the moment and have been searching for more)

And this week
 
 This consists of 2x baby hats, 1x child hat and 1x Baby Angel Claire Cardigan
 
During my time on Loving Hands Charity Group and Knit your Share forum (Martin Lewis Money Saving Expert) I have met the most wonderful, caring group of ladies that anyone could want to meet. Always there to lend a listening ear, give advice, laugh with, cry with - but all virtual - I have only been lucky enough to meet one of the ladies and we meet regularly for a chat, a verrrrrry long chat and cups of tea, cake oh and of course a bit of knitting, this lady is lovely and Im so lucky that I have such a lovely dear friend.  Many ladies give their own patterns or post links to patterns they have been able to find and am hoping that once Ive asked their permission I will be able to share these with you.

Its because of their "sharing" that I have a growing pile of "to do's".  Im terrible at wanting to try out a new pattern when I see it - so in my to-do pile I have bedsocks, which will be donated to care homes in the country and some easy jumpers for children


Hopefully now my dear husband has made a full recovery from his operation I will be able to catch up "blogging" and plenty more woolly stuff! xx
 
 


7 comments:

  1. Again I think your knitting is really lovely. Such pretty colours too. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely things Jaqueline, how nice that you have managed to meet up with someone out of the group and become good friends, I wish someone lived near me because none of my friends are remotely interested in craft stuff. I have added your totals :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it was a good progress to make all those baby clothes. They all look so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your confession made me laugh, Jacqueline! You have managed to knit a lot of lovely things too. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nowhere near my yarn total - but hey! You've made some lovely things, I love the hat with the knot on the top!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely work Jaqueline. I am delighted that you have been making my top down all-in-one baby tops. I knew they would be popular. X

    ReplyDelete
  7. Unos trabajos muy bonitos y originales . Enhorabuena por tu blog , hay mucho arte .Un saludo desde SPAIN

    ReplyDelete